Friday, May 8, 2009

What was that noise???????

As I'm sitting here, I am pondering the noises I'm hearing. It's sort of a very soft hummmmmm. Every once in a while I hear a drop from the coffee maker plop into the coffee pot. There is a bird chirping outside. Oh, the dog just sighed. Man...who knew that there were so many quiet noises when there are not 2 children around! This is GREAT! See, I took a day off. Being a nurse for many years, I had gotten into the abysmal habit of NOT taking days off. But I now get 2 personal days off to use each school year. So I took one today. I was supposed to be going to the zoo (chaperoning little animals while they look at little animals) but alas, it is/was raining so the trip has been rescheduled. Darn. So I get to sit here, update my blog, drink my coffee in peace and quiet, and enjoy. I told hubby that I was going to "piddle" today. I might do some laundry. I might do some embroidery (actually, I should do some embroidery as I have another commission to do next week and would prefer for the jobs not to stack up). I WILL do some knitting. I'll probably watch a movie (Johnny of course!). But I am going to soak up the peace and quiet while I can. And have another cup of coffee while I'm at it.

No comments: