Monday, January 14, 2008

The Evolution of Communication


For those that don't know me, I am a fan of Johnny Depp. Now, there are some (my husband and family are among those) that might say "obsessed fan" would be a better description, but I beg to disagree. I enjoy his acting and the abilities he has of making a character truly his own. I admire his eccentricity and originality. He is aesthetically pleasing for the female to gaze upon (duh!). He is a devoted father. Just becuase I have posters of him in my office(s). And pictures. And a calander or four. And maybe I've read a few biographys. And he might be the wallpaper on my computers, and the screen savers too. Course I don't have a room that I can devote to him (collection display envy going on here JM). Anyway......I have a friend at work (JM) who speaks the Depp version of the English language. We always know what the other one is talking about. We try to one up each other on all things Johnny. We go see the movies together when they come out. But it struck me today, that the two of us (and a few others that are in the JD fan club) can go on and on and on about him, and nobody else knows what in the world we are talking about. Almost as if we are speaking a secret language. We've gotten our fair share of eye rolls, and the indulgent "I thought you would like/appreciate this", but only those who truly admire his work are able to speak this language and understand when it is spoken.


It's just great to have friends that understand you!

No comments: